Thread: mooring a pwc
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #17
EricP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
In talking to the dock monitor(patrol) at Squam Lake they used the 3 seater/13' as the rule. Maybe bad info or they were trying to eliminate more PWCs on the Lake. This was a couple of years ago. Nice to get more info on this. Thats why I like this site. Is there any hard rule on this that can be found somewhwere. Is detemining a 2/3 seater subjective(depending on how seats are made). Seems it can be, unless you have a PWC spec.

brt-int, seems to me the bilge pump wouldn't last very long with the size battery thats in a PWC. I don't even trust the battery in my boat to handle a lot of water(like this year). I have a electric(house) monitor charging system attached. When battery gets low, it cranks up the charging.

Dave M

I think there is actually a boat designation on the registration. If I recall anything over 10' and over 25HP and carries 3 or more people in NH is classified as a boat. So they can certainly use their 13' rule, but my 10'3" 110HP SeaDoos are registered as boats and so they couldn't turn me away.
EricP is offline   Reply With Quote