View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 09:48 PM   #1
Top-Water

Default 50 years ago next month, Where were you?

50 years ago next month, Where were you?

With just a little over a month to go till the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 landing and the first man & men on the moon on July 20th 1969. …. reminiscing out loud here a little.

Not that I have ever thought about it to much over the years but will never forget the camp we stayed at back then. Now with the recent uptick in the news lately about the upcoming anniversary and that it occurred during what is pretty much smack dab in the middle of the peak part of summer vacation.
Just wondering / reminiscing how many of you were maybe also here in the lakes region when it happened.

Myself, not quite a teenager yet and not sure what to think after night after night of seeing scary nightly new news broadcast in 1968 and not fully aware of of how significant an accomplishment it was …. because I already knew everything about space travel from watching “Lost In Space”.

Location July 20th 1969, Black Brook road in Sanborton – Lake Winnisquam, I think we got to see the first video footage come on at night on a old 14 inch 3 channel (on its very best day) black and white tv with rabbit ears.

Who else was up here that day and remembers it?
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote