View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 09:46 PM   #14
welch-time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
Over time each of our neighbors on Welch have made temporary use use of our dock as we have done of theirs. Wind, ice, extra company, whatever; that is the island way.

As for ISS and the other companies that support us islanders, all hard working folk that earn their pay. Not easy doing close up especially in cold windy days. ISS has done a lot of good work for us at a reasonable price. Suggest a simple call to Chip at ISS explaining the gripe.

Edit did not see last WT post prior to this
Yeah, we're getting a little off track here. I never have a problem with my neighbors using the dock. See original post.

And I don't doubt the guys work hard for their money (so do I) and provide a valuable service for us.
These guys carry stacks of lumber around like little sticks. I tried helping them unload my barn lumber 2 years ago and almost had a heart attack.

I just wish "whoever" would be a little more careful when using the dock. Hey, If I damage someones stuff accidentally, I own up to it. And if someone owned up to it to me, I'd probably say "no problem, accidents happen" (my Catholic guilt).

And yes, I do tend to edit my posts. I just can't leave a participle dangling, or a sentence that wraps around the page.

Thanks all.

Last edited by welch-time; 11-29-2018 at 06:57 PM.
welch-time is offline   Reply With Quote