View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 03:42 PM   #31
noreast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonG View Post
Well..that is not what I or the dealer said. As the dealer was done installing, filling with water, and plugged in the extension cord, he then suggested an outlet. Did not say it was required. Did not say it would void the warranty. Did not tell me it was a safety issue. Did not tell me I was wrong. But lesson learned to think that a dealer or sales person would actually tell me that what I was planning to do was wrong and would void a warranty.

Was not 6 weeks of using the tub straight and smelling burning. That would be crazy. It was found 6 weeks ago. Dealer came out for first repair ( and still plugged it back into an extension cord himself after the repair ). Use it for a few days and smelled the burning again. Unplugged. Tub has had a lot of down time the past 6 weeks.

Sure, throw blame on me for trusting someone to actually tell me what I had planned was wrong. I mean that seriously, major lesson learned here to trust anyone. I wish I was told what to do from the start. But I relied on the expert with a well established store to tell me what I can and cannot do. Going forward I literally need to google pro's and cons of anything significant I buy.
That's some passive approval plugging it back in himself, I'm posting this without reading the rest for some reason, my guess is the further along I read I will learn they're doing the right thing for you.
noreast is offline   Reply With Quote