View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 04:44 AM   #63
ApS

Unhappy Not Reassured...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
Yes, I edited out some of your text in an attempt to keep this short...most of my story is fictitious. I was not texting while driving. I did not crash my car into a telephone pole and almost die.
...and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm203 View Post
Of course it was joke. Your reaction is sad, just like your views of the lake. Unlike Winnfarts, I am willing to share the lake with everyone and would never wish anyone any ill-will. What your group is doing is un-American, thus the Tripoli remark.
...and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
Sorry APS. You missed the "Tongue-in-Cheek" subliminal message.
Who was reassured by any of the explanations above?

This is "making stuff up". IMHO

Quote:
Are you saying that you doubt my story?
You now admit your story was bogus.

Quote:
Which part of "blood tests confirm that I was not drinking when I crashed my car" did you not understand?
How can you truthfully defend any level of alcohol abuse from a blood test that you now admit was never taken?

Quote:
Boating or Driving a car while intoxicated are serious violations of the law, and both can similarly end in tragedy.
They are not similar at all: the realities of ejection and drowning within seconds make BWI far more serious. Night-rescue—especially of multiple unconscious victims—is problematical.

Excess speed doesn't improve the chances of survival at night, even when 45-MPH—through the darkness—appears "Reasonable and Prudent" to a Captain.

Quote:
What if my car had hit a telephone pole and slid into a river. But does the manner in which I died really matter?
1) Boating fatalities (and BWI) nearly always occur on water.

2) Roadway fatalities (and DWI) nearly always occur on land.

3) Intoxicated boaters appear as a huge factor in New Hampshire's blaring headlines of manslaughters—even when the defendants are "gotten-off" on those charges.

4) Those headlines should prompt SBONH to support a "no open containers" law for boat Captains—but we're not holding our breaths.

5) After one sip of alcohol, who would trust any boater's judgment while using their "personal-best" Reason and Prudence.