View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 12:18 PM   #14
chipj29

Default Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
Although it's proven extremely deadly to innocents, passengers and "drivers", the fastest boat speeds are recorded in man-made canals. With funds from the NMMA, a man-made canal could be constructed out of "The Witches", then advertise it world-wide for speed attempts.

Extreme boats could launch in Lake Winnipesaukee to set their own personal record—at any time of their choosing. "Extreme" boaters could enter The Witches Canal at a legal speed—and then "let-er-rip".

As before, "Extreme boaters" can carry alcohol on board—but be certain to obey the rule that takes into account your closing speeds of three miles every minute! The only rule would need to be: "One-Way-Only"!

Spectators lining The Witches Canal would bring the usual benefits to the local economy, while such a conversion would enlighten everybody to the boating hazard that was formerly "The Witches".

Another advantage to Lake Winnipesaukee: "Extreme" boaters wouldn't get their boats possibly smudged by having to use them in the open ocean!

I've been subjected to all the regulations in "Rule 6"; however, I consider "Rule 5" far more important on a lake with 253 islands. (We forget that deadly Diamond Island borders the Broads).

But to answer your questions, all boaters in compliance with "Rule 6"will be able to avoid the shrimping fleets in the Broads!
There is no way that you are even being remotely serious with any of this.
Yeah, I am sure the witches are going to be dredged to make a canal. Right.

Oh, and once again I will ask you (although I know you won't answer):
What is wrong, illegal, unethical or morally unacceptable about carrying alcohol on one's boat?