View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 08:22 AM   #89
onlywinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
Is this really what you call a compromise? This whole thread should be renamed "opposers other thread". We have a small group of people here who "don't even own a go-fast boat" yet have dedicated their every waking hour of the past year complaining about a speed limit that is "doing absolutely nothing" and "doesn't even affect them" because the limit "is higher than their boats can go anyway", plus one member that claims to be a speed limit supporter but appears willing to say anything to gain the acceptance of the go-fasters. And this is supposed to be some sort of "all-inclusive compromise committee"?
It's kind of like having all the teams in the NFL that did not make the playoffs discussing a "compromise" that will put them in the playoffs even though they stink.
Things are working just fine right now. Let's not muck it up with a reversal disguised as a "compromise". The speed limit was already written as a compromise; one lake in the whole state, and as fast as 45 miles per hour, which over 95% of the lake's boats can't even reach. No horsepower, size, or weight limitations. How can people really sincere about safety and sharing not be happy with this law and recognize what a perfect compromise it already is?
Now, I'm sure that my post will be called "trolling" because I will not agree that the SL isn't working, but isn't it really the only post in this thread that is really recognizing what a "compromise" is?
No arguements, just discussion.

1. What are you basing your 95% of boats cant pass 45mph on this lake. I could be incorrect and please correct me if you have Registration stats or the like, but I would think it is closer to 50% of the boats can exceed 45mph. My old 20 foot cuddy would do 50mph with a little V6. Also it seems that Performance Boats on Winni make up more than 5% of the boats?

2. I have asked numerous times on this thread what harm am I causing going 60mph over 500' away versus 45mph?

Thanks