View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #44
onlywinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
onlywinni.... will you pay for the props I will need to try to get your boat to plane and handle between 20 - 25 mph.... look, I believe and hold to the fact that there is a comprimise out there.... but you have to be realistic.... Just like I called Woodsy out when he said pace boats kept the speed over the Donzi poker run to 45 mph or less, I am going to call you out here.... nope as currently set up I bet you boat doesn't plane well and struggles at 20 -25 mph.... but you are also pitched for speed, aren't you?

The following link is for a test of a 30 outlaw.... they claimed planning speed 19 mph....

http://features.boats.com/boat-conte...aja-30-outlaw/

people can debate that their performance boats don't plane at slower speeds, but if you have been around boats long enough you realize that this is because they prop for the high end.... which hurts the low end.... the best prop for most people is the one that get them out of the whole quickly .... but for someone going for speed, a high end prop is what the need, and they don't produce the torque need to maintain a plane out low rpm, or even get the boat out of the water quickly......

If you want to argue for or against speed limits that is fine.... but don't try and pull the wool over people eyes with poor information...

I understand all the information.... I understand how to get boats to perform the way I want them, I love to both scream accross the water, and also take a nice sail... and this is a big dam lake, we should all be able to enjoy it......
So I said I cant operate my boat safely at less than 25mph and the Boattest.com tests confirms that... and I am pulling the wool over someones eyes with poor information????????

I agree 100% that the lake is big and we can all enjoy it.