View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 07:24 AM   #25
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Fun View Post
The question is, Can this type of behavior be learned or do people just function in different ways? I think there are people like you and I that go out and enjoy driving , and all the surounding activity that it comes with, and others that are out to enjoy the ride and don't want to be bothered by there surroundings.
I think good habits can easily be learned, but not exactly enjoyed like you and I seem to. I LIKE it when I have to deal with another boats (it gives me something to do and makes things interesting), especially when I discover the other captain knows what she/he is doing. I really don't mind coming off-plane for good reasons or even dramatically altering my course/speed (on-plane) for boneheads. I'm only mildy irritated when forced to come off-plane solely due to rudeness of other boaters, or when I see boaters putting others at risk. I get angry about blatent disregard for safety of my charges That said, because I also boat in places where 150' safe passage laws are not an issue, I don't consider the typical Winnipesuakee safe passage violation a blatent disregard for safety, it has to be really bad to make me angry.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave R For This Useful Post: