View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 02:25 PM   #16
Trail Goer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobs41378 View Post
I cannot see grade school going completely online. That would be telling the parents you cant go to work because your first grader cannot stay alone to virtually learn.

School's will resume regular operations at some point but clearly not the rest of this school year, and I wouldn't assume that it will happen this fall either. A close friend of my family, is a superintendent in southern NH and they are already working out a continency plan, should on line learning need to continue after summer break. A lot of colleges are already starting to make that call for the fall semester, so don't be surprised if the state or local officials make the call sooner than later. In order to give parents time to make proper plans, that call should be made sooner than later.
One thing you can almost certainly kiss goodbye are "snow days" and the make up days that go with them. A lot of communities were already starting to issue blizzard bags, in the event of snow days, I imagine it will become standard practice going forward for every community, that in the event of a "Snow Day", it will still be considered an active school day with online learning, so no makeup days required.