View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
Resident 2B

Red face Boy, was I wrong!

After spending some time this morning looking at the models, I have to say it will be much warmer than I expected this week. We will be 10 degrees or more above normal with temps, and any precipitation will be wet, not white during the week. Another icing event could be in the works, but I think the changeover will happen faster than it did with the last storm.

For those coming up for the derby next weekend, I am sorry that the news, and the weather, is not so good. However, it is great news for those struggling with home heating bills.

We could get colder for the weekend and we might get a storm, a snow storm, during the weekend, but that is only a 50% chance right now. Some models have the storm to our west while the GFS takes it out to sea, so if the models start to get it together and average their outputs, that could deliver a storm for us.

It is also possible the weather stays warm and we do not get a storm.

I had been thinking there would be a storm on Friday and another Sunday night, but that timing looks to be too early. It now looks something this midweek, something on the weekend and then something again midweek next week, around the 13th. The best shot at snow will come from the weekend event.

Time will tell!

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote