View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 09:15 AM   #117
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
Is this the same regardless of where you travel in New England? We have a trip planned to an Airbnb in Maine immediately after Christmas (spending two nights in ME). We will leave CT Saturday, 12/26, traveling I95 through MA/NH into ME. We're trying to do the right thing by getting tested beforehand. Thing is, getting the test done within 72 hours of the day we arrive in ME seems problematic. That would require getting tested on Thursday, December 24 (if we even can on that day - Xmas eve) and hoping to get results by Saturday morning before we leave. That seems to be an iffy proposition given (1) all the other people probably trying to get tested then for the same reasons we are and (2) the fact that things could be slower due to holiday staff shortages and shutdowns. Wife says we should get tested on Monday, December 21 (to ensure that we get the tests back) but that wouldn't comply with the 72-hour rule. I guess the fall back would be that we do NOT get tested at all and simply not go anywhere when in Maine (self-quarantine). But sitting around a house isn't why we signed up to go there - - we could do that in CT.

Any suggestions? We want to do the right thing but if we can't do it perfectly, is anyone really checking?
I know there are no checkpoints on the road between Mass and Maine. I don't know what you will find on arrival in Maine--I have heard that people have been met with a chilly reception at some inns.

On the "right" thing to do--I think we need to recognize that some of the rules are good in spirit, but need to be adapted to reality. The COVID test is a good example. I think you should be tested as late as possible while still allowing time to receive your result before departure. But that may not match the letter of the law or get you past a hotel clerk.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post: