View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 09:52 AM   #71
Bigstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauriel View Post
My hardwired ring spot light turns on motion light if motion is sensed and it has a siren option. I've never used siren feature and you might need to manually trigger it if you see an issue. I think the ring spotlight looks like just a regular spotlight so it isn't very obvious that it's also a camera. My blink cameras have a somewhat subtle but noticeable blue flashing light on them when recording so it's funny to see reactions when people turn around in our driveway and see the blue lights start blinking.

There is a dip-switch when you replace the batteries that turns that blue light off/on.

My Blinks are terrible. I can walk in front and it catches me. I run and it doesn't. I can walk out to my car, pop the trunk and not move for 30 seconds then walk back to the front door directly in front of the camera. It catches me going out and not going back. 10 second retrigger does not work.

Reviews on Blink are quite bad if you really read them thru. Tried every combo of settings, and learned that at max all batteries last 12 days with ~ 12 triggers a day.

Solution - Upgraded to Ring and everything works great now, no issues. Blinks relegated to indoor cameras, and they work for that. You can talk to the dogs when they misbehave.
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote