View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 09:54 AM   #109
jetskier

Post Self limiting situation

Hi Joey2665,

Some years back I was in the Gables and renters completely trashed the pool area (broken glass on the deck, smashed the chairs etc...). The home owner did not deal with the issue. Just an example.

There are great renters and poor renters. Some homeowners are great about vetting their renters and others are not. The other problem is many renters just don't know the rules or (in some cases, care). We have had renters show up to the beach with floatation devices that you can land an air craft carrier on...small beach, not cool.

When there are issues or complaints, it ends up in a call to security, the management company or the board. I know that there are a lot of homeowners in LB very much against rentals because of issues and this has been a discussion at the board level. The other complexity is that it is extremely hard to know who should be in the community and who should not. This makes it difficult for security etc...

As I previously said, at some level the motivation of people renting and those owning in communities like LB and SD become at odds. There are only so many nice summer days to enjoy.

So, the way it stands now if someone is going to rent it is their responsibility to make sure that their renters don't cause an issue that is going to cause someone to complain to the city. The city is the only enforcement entity in this regard. So, this becomes a self correcting situation.

Just my 2 cents.
Bruce

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app[/QUOTE]
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote