View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
hazelnut

Thumbs up Moultonborough Trail Help

Hello all, I grew up snowmobiling on the lake and around the lake on the trails. Unfortunately for one reason or another it has been about 10 plus years since I've owned a snowmobile.
Well I remedied that little problem on Saturday and now I am showing my twin 5 year old boys the ropes. We put a bunch of miles on the new Polaris 600 IQ Touring sled this weekend. From what I recall 10 years ago the trails are so much better. It is incredible what the clubs have done over the years. I applaud them for their efforts. I do have a question though:

Can someone tell me if the whole Kona Loop is closed? I was trying in vain to find it and I could not for the life of me figure out the turn off. I found one turn that ended up having a "Trail Closed" sign so I backed up and turned around. It looked as though it MIGHT have been the turn off but I was not about to disobey the sign so we spun around and just finished out the powerline trail to the Areys section of the lake. I did see that th Salmon Meadow Cove trail is still around. Can you get access to Center Cove from there? I recall that the channel into Salmon Meadow Cove does not freeze so you needed to cross over people's shorefront to get through there. Anyway any and all help is appreciated for this reincarnated snowmobiler.

All my snowmobiling was done from 1984-1998 or thereabouts.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote