View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 03:49 PM   #1
JG1222

Default Reminiscing About Restaurants

The reason I'm not putting this thread under "Restaurants - Information & Reviews" will become obvious is a second...

My question is - Does anyone have a favorite restuarant or place to eat around the lake that is no longer around? You know - one that you can't figure out why they ever went out of business or moved on? One you went to as a kid...

I thought it would be fun to start a thread for people to reminisce a little about these places...

For me, one of these places was Bill Anderson's Bakery on Main St. in Meredith. This was the first place my parents would let my cousins and I walk to alone when we were old enough (and, as clever as they thought they were, we still knew they followed us in the car the first few times to make sure we made it ok). I remember getting the best bavarian creme donuts there. For some reason, they were way better than anything you could get at Dunkin Donuts.

There was also the Studio Cafe on Main St. too. They had the greatest cinnamon rolls, but the place burned down.

Ahh well, like I said - if anyone else cares to reminisce...
JG1222 is offline   Reply With Quote