Thread: Laconia and pot
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 10:55 AM   #38
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
Curious. Are you similarly opposed to alcohol and tobacco? What is your opposition to other people's recreational use?

I don't care about tobacco, it's not a mind altering and motor skills inhibiting substance. While it may not be good for the consumer, it's potential damage to innocent bystanders is relatively minimal.

For pot use I can't believe this is necessary to be explained - so I will ask a rhetorical question. What possible GOOD can come to us for making pot legal? Furthermore I will ask another question because it's sure to happen at a later date and time. IF this were made legal everywhere then where do we cross the line in making other drugs legal for "recreational" use? Why not just legalize everything? Who's to say that crack, heroin or any other illicit drugs should be any less legal than pot or alcohol? Then again it seems to be the latest trend these days to normalize self destructive behavior by making it permissible under the letter of the law and with the wave of a wand the negative effects magically disappear? I'll ask another question, in areas where pot, alcohol or any other drugs are being used and abused what becomes of those people? Most end up a bunch of losers incapable of being productive members of society never mind the crime and violence it brings with it. Why in the world would we ever want to encourage any of this?
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: