View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #49
CateP

Default Buyers Market -Yes

Having just gone through selling and buying this past year I would definitely agree that it is a buyers market. I could not get a loan for a new house until I sold the old house. I sold my old house for almost $100k less than original list and $20k less than town assessment. (boo hoo) BUT then I bought a beautiful house in Wolfeboro for $40k under town assessment and $150k less than buyers paid.

It's all relative. Had I sold my house back in that crazy time around 2004-2007, I would have gotten a LOT more money for it and it probably would have sold within weeks. AND I probably would have paid a LOT more money for my next house and maybe even gotten involved in a bidding war, only to loose any equity I thought I had.

In retrospect I am glad the market took a nose dive and I bought and sold when I did. It all feels so much more sane AND I feel like I got the real value of my new house, not some inflated price driven by greed. (which by the way was the real culprit for the housing crisis by many parties)
CateP is offline   Reply With Quote