View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #251
sa meredith

Default long thread

Quite the thread.
Response to earlier post...was not trolling. And think anyone who wants to own a gun, absolutely should be able to (although I am not a fan of a gun in a home). Just as I believe, someone should be able to light up a ciggerette, whereever they dam well please, as long as they are outside. (and I have never been a smoker).
My point was simply that with no guns in a home, you will have no accident. Furthermore, with regard to the question about how many homebreaks were stopped...I would guess that the number of accidental home shootings, FAR OUTWEIGHS, the number of home invasions that are prevented. Just a guess.
I don't think guns mix with homes that have children/ curious teenagers/ etc.. My opinion. You don't need to explain to me about proper education, and safety measures...I get it, and know I am in the minority. So save the speach. It's just my opinion.
With regard to support for Bird....HOLY COW!!!
For anyone who is reading from afar... you would not believe what the town looks like.I went up to visit some friends who live year round on Long Island, last week. And, from the time you take a right at Murphy's Irving, it's a non-stop line of signs in people's yards. They are everywhere. Also saw on the back window of several pick up trucks "FREE BIRD" in block letters. The support is overwhelming. I still cannot believe a judge cannot look into this woman's history, realize she has issues, and no ability to enter into a real estate transaction...and conclude she went there with an agenda. She went to cause trouble. Just my thoughts...
Is it ice out yet?????
The Following User Says Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post: