View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #55
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
Wow! No wonder things look so good to the rest of us, I guess all the dangerous behavior has moved to in front of your house this summer. With all these boats buzzing past you 25 feet away, you surely got a few hull numbers and called them in to the MP. Are they investigating? And the offenders were all small family boats driven by the notorious "Captain Bonehead"? Meanwhile all the performance boaters you've been seeing (even though you really have no horse in this race yourself) were prudently cruising along obeying all the existing laws, which agrees with what you have been saying, that this is all we ever really needed to make everyone feel safe on this lake, right? What a coincidence. How nicely this all plays into your mission of painting the speed limit as a do-nothing law and painting all the dangerous boaters as the ones with their entire families aboard and all the Go Fast Be Louders as the quiet peaceful victims. Nice try.
[/I]
el, seriously take the blinders off. You are actually coming off a tad loony if you claim the lake is not overrun with knuckleheads. Actually add three more incidents TODAY! A MONDAY! I have absolutely no reason to embellish. Two incidents occurred within MINUTES of each other. One was a center console that drove me into a buoy. I was in my 13 foot whaler he was in a 20-21 foot Grady. I came off plane waved my arms in the air hoping he actually saw me! Minutes later 2 waverunners came around a corner and came within 20 feet of me and I immediately dropped the throttle and stopped. The past incidents I posted occurred in NUMEROUS areas of the lake. Most of them while I had 4 or more witnesses on board. Some were visitors who do not frequent the lake and they were a bit shocked by the craziness of the lake. I explained that there was a great new law in place. A "Speed Limit!" Most of my passengers laughed and said, "what the hell good would that do?" I made no comment and just smiled.

As for my credibility, I would never defend it to you. Yours though? Let's just say the research has begun.

FYI: I took down the bow numbers of the Pontoon Boat and called it in. They thanked me politely. I'm sure he was reprimanded.