View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #40
ApS

Default Saturday and Sunday on the Broads—My Perception...

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlywinni View Post
"...I also have news for you...the big cabin cruisers on the lake throw a much bigger wake than my Baja does and dont even get me started on the wakes created by the Mt. Wash and the Doris E..."
1) While I'm boating, the Mt. Washington passes me once or twice a day: Unless you're really close, its wake is very nearly undetectable. (The Mt. is a really bad example for wakes).

Someone along Rattlesnake Island can check out just how bad it is at the shoreline, where it "shallows up" and increases its effect. I think most RS residents never detect that the Mount has passed by.

2) As member Woodsy will advise you, Bajas and other overpowered boats can create a very intrusive wake just when changing speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident 2B View Post
"...The few weekend days with good weather have been wild..."
That's been my perception as well (there's that word again ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlywinni
"...I just need you to explain what harm was caused this Saturday morning as I traveled across the broads all ALONE at 55mph...?????????"
Saturday morning (really, all of Saturday) didn't seem bad at all, but there were sailboats on the Broads—and MP-11 racing off to the NNE—between 9:30 and 11:30. So, just how "alone" did you perceive yourself to be?

Sunday was so bad—wake-wise—I called it quits early, and asked myself "Why can't everybody else be in church"?

(Unlike Saturday, my perception was my wet clothes and getting beat-up by wakes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident 2B View Post
"...How about getting back on topic - the spirit of compromise!
Because we went down that road for years?