View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 12:09 PM   #8
VtSteve

If the weather co-operates, I'll hopefully be able to hitch a ride and be on the lake in less than three weeks. I'll bone up on my video skills, and at least log the fun. Obviously, weekdays are much different than weekends, which is why lakefront owners can definitely have different reactions.

I'm still amazed at the lack of boats here on a much larger lake, weekends or not. It's not because they're so spread out either, it's more like many stay in the bays. I remember well the trouble spots in my old areas. Paugus Bay, the Weirs, the area between Meredith Neck and Bear Island.

There are many sane, completely responsible people on these forums. The VAST majority do not get to 45 mph that much, some not at all. Sometimes, statements in the past made here have to be taken in context of the full discussion. A difficult task given the shear number of posts. For instance, some were arguing about erosion and GF boats in the same sentence. This, of course, made no sense. They produce much larger wakes going 20 than at 60. So we joked about erosion a bit, had some laughs, some intellectual baiting if you will.

When you make statements like this,

Quote:
You guys should consider the impact your aggressive activities have on others before telling us why we are wrong in opposing them.
you really need to step back. I say that only because I'd like more people to participate in the discussion, not the antics. You have every right to say whatever you want, but I'm here to tell you right now, it ain't working far ya. You're accusing people of being aggressive that continuously talk about safety, have bowriders, pontoon boats, cuddy cabins and the like. Last I looked, we hadn't made it to the Miami Vice stage yet

Before you go making all sorts of outlandish accusations about posts and posters, you should try and address individual posts and posters directly. I made the mistake once of lumping everyone into one category or another, and I was wrong.

So here we are, many long time posters discussing on the Captain Bonehead and Safety threads what's going on while out on the water. Your own experience, and from what you say, many others, differs. OK Perhaps people's times out on the lake are different. Do you boat mostly weekdays? Is your area just better than many others? If that's so, it would be valuable information for the MP to concentrate their limited resources on specific areas at certain times.

Good, constructive thread for the Safety thread everyone. Perhaps the MP can read up on what boaters are concerned about.