View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 03:13 PM   #90
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
CNN a legitimate news source?

CNN on Friday corrected an erroneous report that Donald Trump Jr. had received advance notice from the anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks about a trove of hacked documents that it planned to release during last yearÂ’s presidential campaign.

This is just the latest in a long line of false, misleading, or otherwise made up stores pushed and or published by not only CNN but the rest of the main stream media so why in the world would I bother to take anything they say is factual? Unfortunately it's damn near impossible to get straight up hard news reporting free of any spin which makes it very difficult for us, the voting public, to keep an eye on the very people we elect into office.
Yes, I do believe CNN is a legitimate news source staffed by people who worry too much about breaking a story rather than slowing down and making sure it is accurate - common among all journalists. Mistakes are made and legitimate news sources take appropriate actions, hold people accountable, and make corrections which is what both ABC and CNN did. Do I think they are free of spin? No, which goes back to my earlier point of getting news from multiple sources all of whom approach news with their own biases and spin. I keep looking but haven't found that single source that simply presents hard news. How can there be such a source when simply deciding what is worth reporting and what isn't is putting spin on the news...