Thread: Sow and 2 cubs
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 02:06 AM   #1
Alaskan

Default Sow and 2 cubs

The video isn't loading but I have notified the webmaster. I'll load it asap.

This is in the Copp's Pond area by 20 mile bay. I'm gauging her size to be about 180 to 220 pounds, about 32 inches at the shoulder and probably younger than 5 years old. I love bears and grew up with them, but I have small kids and I began using deterrents to have her move a little further towards the pond or across the road away from the house. If you're walking around in this area, just be aware and make some noise to let her know you're around.
The tree she climbed that her snout was hidden on cam (the bottom of the still cam is set at 6ft-2in), was where I have my still cam on. On the video that she is climbing the tree it's quick, but right before that video ends, she goes to my video cam on another tree (it's only about 4ft-6in off the ground). One of her cubs climbs the tree my still cam is on in another video and sniffs it. Bears are great, but they are only welcome if they remain fearful of man...that is behavior I have a lot of experience of over 40 years...sniffing cams like that (which I didn't bother with masking my scent) demonstrates their intelligence and curiousness, but it also shows less wariness of man...I hope they relocate themselves.

Last edited by Alaskan; 07-08-2017 at 02:14 AM. Reason: video not loading
Alaskan is offline   Reply With Quote