View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 09:37 AM   #8
jazzman

The Foscam FI9821W works fine (I have one). The HD video will be useless unless you have pretty fast internet upload speed. I find it still works fine on my slow DSL, but you don't get very fluid motion out of it.

If you're pointing the camera outside you need to be sure it has an IR cut filter or all the colors will look very odd in bright sunlight. This camera has one.

There has been a lot of talk in the past about who is really a licensed distributor for Foscam and who is not. I've heard of people having issues with support if they didn't buy from foscam.us

Foscam does have a free DNS service that will let you track your camera even with changing IP addresses. It's possible you only get that when buying via foscam.us.

Sorting out what you need to do to your particular internet router is the big challenge with most of these cameras. Every router is different and even the same router might be different depending on the ISP supplying it. With enough tinkering and looking stuff up on the internet, it can be sorted out. Having a new-ish router makes like easier.
jazzman is offline   Reply With Quote