View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 06:50 PM   #10
Hillcountry

I should have mentioned that I do have a whole house generator and a propane fired boiler...no worries about being without heat. We love the wood stove and all the pleasant things about it as well. We have only used the wood stove sparingly this winter to “warm up the house” before bed. Turning up the thermostat is a lot easier! We ran out of wood in January (what we had scrounged from ice damage last winter) and then burned lots of leftover scrap wood from an addition we built...got a lot of heat out of that stuff for free! Once that soapstone heats up it radiates a long time. Anyway, we have a great spot for a stove basically a center chimney log home and was thinking pellets might give us “some heat” without all the dirty work of wood. I also have a covered porch where I can store a ton or
more of pellets easily right outside the door near the stove. Very convenient.
Guess we’ll stop at some of the stove shops and have a look at the pellet burners.
We also acres and acres of hardwoods that we could cut down for firewood...would never have to pay a cent for wood if we went that route....just pay in blood and sweat!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote