View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 09:25 PM   #11
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF-NH View Post
this probably won't go over well the the Harts Turkey farm lovers but I have been the 3 times in past couple of years and I couldn't be any more disappointed in their food. The turkey is "ok" but sides and gravy are just awful. Wife and kids agree. You would think a place with "Turkey Farm" in its name would make a killer meal but we went 3 times figuring "maybe just a bad night" and it is perminantly off our list. Suprisingly, T-Bones makes a really nice turkey dinner. I believe there is one in Laconia #steakhousenailsturkeydinner
I kind of agree...have been a couple of times in the last year and as you say, for a restaurant that “specializes” in turkey dinners, is there anything really, special about it? Yes, it’s all quite edible but not anything you’d want to say great things about. Perhaps for a place that has become a landmark and respected dining experience, maybe the owners have stopped trying to improve the dining experience, seeing as how business is so good anyway? Keep everything the same and they will come to the name, the landmark, the mediocre dining anyway. That’s the feeling I get when dining there...a huge restaurant where it’s always the same where I don’t get the urge to rush back again.
Not saying I’ll never go again but with lots of other dining choices where you feel the management is trying to make a business better with menu changes, new dishes, etc., something to look forward to...while the turkey farm stays the same. Mediocre, food for thought...
I think this quote, taken right from their website drives home a point of sorts:

“On a busy day, we serve more than one ton of turkey, 40 gallons of gravy, 1,000 pounds of fresh potatoes, 4,000 dinner rolls, and more than 100 pies.”
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote