View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 10:42 AM   #8
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundra View Post
This past Tuesday thru yesterday=spectacular.

We got up to the resort right at lunch on Tuesday. Wife and kids wanted to enjoy the beach so I went to running up to Weirs and getting fuel/gas.

Wednesday was threatening to rain all day and it did for about an hour so my boy and I had decided to put on our rainjackets and go back to Weirs-he, like his dad when he was younger, loves his video games and the arcades that were open at Weirs were actually pretty good. We did go to Funspot afterwards and my gosh, I had seen video games that I had never seen in my life and as a kid during the arcade boom-along with having spent time on Younge and Bloor streets in Toronto for a few summers in the early 80's, I had seen a lot of machines in my time but Funspot blew my mind and I'll go back up just to go back to that arcade.

The lake was completely empty on Wednesday-I can understand as no one wants to get caught in lightning but with no wind and a very light rain, the waters were calm and also empty, perfect. It was so calm out that I could not help but to burn more fuel running at a higher cruise than normal as it was all so much fun. I had even took the time to show my boy how the throttle and shift work on the boat as he will always be my first mate so getting him used to putting the motor in and out of gear and to get used to the DTS-Digital Throttle and Shift(Verado is smooth).

Yesterday was perfect anchor in a nice area and put up the (Taylor)-Anchorshade and swim/float and relax. A buddy from home came up so we had met him at the dock, we took a cruise from the bottom of Alton Bay up to Center Harbor and with a 40mph cruise, it only took about 30 minutes to run the 21.7 miles to see Center Harbor, turn around and head back where we picked up my boy so he could be my spotter so I could surf behind the boat. Hot days are great on the lake as the water, for now, is cool, while the air is hot or warm. I can imagine that as the weeks pass by, the water will get warmer through August.

Looking forward to the next trip. The good part is that nothing broke and nothing is needed for the next trip other than the time and a room for the 4 of us somewhere and maybe the same place as we now know it and liked it.
I loved reading your positive, enthusiastic post. Thanks for sharing - and keep creating those happy memories. I am more excited to be here in this, my 53rd summer, than ever. Each year just gets better!
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garcia For This Useful Post: