View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #16
Turtle Boy

A few final thoughts on "feel good" legislation . When the speed limit forum reconvenes in the future, I hope the phrase takes a permenant leave of absence. Why? Of course it's feel good legislation. I feel good that boats can no longer legally scream by my boat at 70 MPH when I'm fishing with my grandson. I feel good that after so many years that the people who own the lake get to take some control back from a minority of high impact users. I feel good that the house,senate, and governor listened to what the people wanted and ignored all the hype about legislation based on "fear and emotion". I feel good that those who want to go fast still can (45 MPH is still very fast). I feel good that people will have 2 years to see that a great deal of fun can still be had on Winni. I feel good because we'll get to see that the whole Lakes Region economy doesn't go down the toilet because of "feel good" legislation. And why would anyone want to enact "feel bad" legislation anyway? I feel good because Don has allowed an opportunity for us all to debate this topic. Thankyou(that felt good).

Last edited by Turtle Boy; 08-19-2008 at 10:41 AM. Reason: punctuation