Old 11-29-2018, 12:45 PM   #12
garysanfran

Default My place is in Meredith...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
From The Laconia Daily Sun:

The city Planning Department has started enforcement actions

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news...bf83024ba.html
There are several property owners near me that rent their places out during the summer to pay the property tax.

So if Meredith adopts this and a couple of neighbors complain, my neighbors will be forced to sell and if more towns adopt this, what happens to the summer tourist industry? What happens to the restaurants and other tourist supported businesses? Bayside Rentals (specializing in renting single family homes short term)? If this is carried to an extreme would only hotels and motels be "allowed" to rent to tourists and vacationers? Or is that the design?

In my little mind the problem isn't short term renters, it's noise, which can be generated by long-term renters as well. Maybe even a home owner themselves being a bad neighbor!!! What about that barking dog? Biker with a loud Harley? Enforcement against noise makes more sense to me than taking income away from someone because there is a possibility the short-term renter could be noisy (chances are they'll be gone in a week. A noisy home owner/resident is permanent. Not gone in a week).

Some day I'll write a book..."The Unintended Consequences".

Ehhh, probably not!
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to garysanfran For This Useful Post: