Thread: paugus bay?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 08:13 AM   #2
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousam72 View Post
I've always focused on the Alton/rattlesnake/diamond area for fishing salmon, bows, and lakers, but I want to try something new on Monday. It would seem that paugus would be productive if the smelt are still running, but I've never heard/read a post about people fishing it.

This early in the year is it a decent bet? not looking for secrets but don't want to waste my one day off.

Also, is there trailer parking at the ramp on the south? I know there's not at meredith...thanks!
I don't fish Salmon but I see them all them all the time when I am out for bass fishing from about the margate back towards the bend after xmas island. I actually caught a laker in about 25 feet of water last year at the end of July, i was going deep for bass because it was so hot, and picked him up on a tube bouncing on the bottom, i think he was confused lol

there is trailer parking at Meredith. its on the other side of the intersection of rt 25 and rt 3 after the vacant buildings on the corner of rt 25

other than that you can pay at lakeport and park on one of the streets heading lakeport but you risk the chance of them being closed if you are out late