View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 06:16 PM   #12
jetskier

Post Tewksbury actually :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I heard one of the Managers at Hannafords in Nashua saying that they will be getting food shipments that were supposed to ship to MB. My parents live in Lowell and they went by the Tewksbury MB yesterday and said it was a zoo. Thousands of protesters and parked as far away as Cawley Stadium (if you know Lowell at all) The Demoulas that was ousted lives right up the street from that store and he had people parking all over his lawn. Love that they are all so loyal to the guy. You don't see that these days anymore, he obviousy must of been doing something right. They said the Hannafords across the street was packed with all the registers open. They must be loving it.
The Market Basket that you are referring to is actually in Tewksbury. Arthur T does live just up the road on Longmeadow Drive. I grew up a couple of blocks from there and went to school with Demoulas. This family feud has been going on for decades and the general sense is that Arthur S wants to pull every penny out of the business while Arthur T built the business and has a sense of ownership. I think that if Arthur S is allowed to prevail, it will be a very different company and neither the customers or the employees will be served. I hope that the board comes to their senses and realizes that the only one in charge here is the customers and the message is loud & clear.

Jetskier