View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 04:28 PM   #227
elchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Elchase, please note I missed a key word and have edited it (and no, it was not a Fruedian slip).
Thanks Sir, your correction is noted and appreciated. My comments still hold though for those who gave the original post their "thanks". Maybe it speaks towards just who has been making the calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
If your true agenda is to rid the lake of large boats, good luck with that.
I have absolutely no agenda. I only want to preserve the status quo, which has been very civil and enjoyable. Preserving the status quo is the antithesis of an agenda. Those who want to see things go back to or towards the anarchy we had on the lake up until a couple of years ago are the ones with an agenda, and a sorry one, in my view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
This thread is not your sounding board to oppose changes. You started a supporters thread to do just that. We (opposers) have stayed out of that per the web masters request, respecting what that threads intentions are.
I have stayed away from the opposers thread in respect for the webmaster's directive. He indicated that all threads except the opposers thread and supporters thread were open for both sides to debate. You want a monopoly on all threads except the supporters thread and that was not the rule as I understood, but I will certainly respect that if the moderator changes the directive. Meanwhile, the supporters thread is for people who enjoy the benefits of the current law and want to share their support for and positive anecdotes about it. I understood the opposers thread to be for people who are dissatisfied with the current law and want to share their opposition to and negative anecdotes about it, and suggestions for changing it. You seem to feel that this thread is only for people who are dissatisfied with the current law and want to share their opposition to and negative anecdotes about it, and suggestions for changing it. That to me sounds more like the description of the opposers thread, and I suggest that it is you, Sir, that is in the wrong thread. Who put you in charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
I ask the webmaster to assist
So do I.