View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 08:02 AM   #29
Shedwannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
Apparently Pickerel Pond WAS an authorized Seaplane landing place called "Bosseys", listed as a Private landing place for seaplanes. It was depicted on my November 27, 2003 issue of the New York Sectional which is a Avaition Map used by pilots flying VFR in the area. This would indicate that someone on the pond once had a seaplane.

https://www.seaplanes.org/UserFiles/...ckerelPond.pdf

Thanks.

I've only been living on the Pond a little over a year and didn't know any of the old history of this. Someone told me soon after moving in that seaplanes weren't allowed, but not that they had been allowed before. It was only after starting this thread that I found the Bureau of Marine Patrol link stating that seaplanes were prohibited. I have no idea when between 2003, when seaplanes were allowed to land here, and now, when they aren't, that the decision to ban them was made.

However, I do frequently boat on the lake, and if I knew that seaplanes might land here, I would probably have a different approach to where I go on the lake (sailboat, kayak, etc.) Right now, knowing that seaplanes aren't allowed, I go everywhere on the lake, but am much more ... concerned ... now when going in the area where the seaplane landed.
Shedwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote