View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #82
chipj29

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedwannabe View Post
The reason the listing of Pickerel Pond was deleted was that it was placed on the list by mistake. In answer to my question about why the listing was changed I got this answer:

"The simple answer is that this body of water was listed in error. When it was first questioned, I researched the history and found that I had placed it on the list in error. There is, and has not in the past (to my knowledge) been a seaplane restriction on this body of water. Additionally, you are correct regarding the update date. I made the major update to include decisions that had been made in the past year on May 15 and failed to change the date when I made the correction for Pickerel Pond. I apologize for any confusion. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at 293-0091.

Regina A. Carman
Administrative Assistant"

So, what must have happened

1) Posted by mistake
2) Someone saw it
3) I heard about it
4) I checked and found out it was true
5) Some controversy on these pages
6) I emailed Marine Patrol and was called back, confirming it was closed to seaplane landings
7) That must have led them to explore why it was posted (because I had asked when it was decided)
8) They realized it was posted in error and changed the website.

Full circle!
I think it is safe to say that in this instance, your questions and phone calls/emails were central to correcting this error. Great job!