View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 06:28 AM   #76
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
Going 60 in a 30 on a dead end street to me, seems like endangerment. I can completely see where you are coming from. However, If those cars came at 35-40mph, you probably won't make that call.

My point is, as I said earlier, this pilot doesn't sound to be endangering anyones lives by landing on the lake/pond. Sounds like he does it in the evening when he knows traffic is down. Also, I can almost assure you that this guy is not hunting to hit anyone on the lake when he is flying. So, why ruin his fun? Lighten up, there's no need to be so harsh. That's my whole argument.

The reason I mention how long someone has lived there is the fact that this person could be your neighbor and live on the lake, but have lived there twenty+/- years. The guy might have been landing on this pond for plenty of years and it probably hasn't been a problem with other local residents as he still does it. I know, if I was the pilot, and I had my fun revoked by someone who moved to the area I live in, I'd be pretty upset. If I knew shedwannabe's argument as well (as given in this forum topic) behind why they pursued action, I'd be even more upset.

Like I said before, I'm only going off what has been posted here. But it just sounds as if this pilot is not causing harm and just enjoying a nice ride and lake...maybe his "humble abode" as well.
Just because it doesn't "sound like" it to you, does not make it legal. There had to have been a reason the law was put into place. Personally, I would hope that the law would have been put into place for safety reasons, as opposed to someones personal preference.