Thread: Stay in
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 09:35 AM   #9
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Well -- My wife & I set an all time record for the amount of time it takes to commute between our Condo in Gilford and home in MA yesterday. A normal 1hour, 50 min ride took a record setting 5hr 10min yesterday.

Left the condo shortly before 11 and as stated above the roads were just beginning to show signs of glazing over (our goal was to beat it South before it got too bad). There were no less than 25 separate skidding accidents on 93 between Tilton and Concord. Five of which looked rather severe (overturned vehicles). But nothing compared to being stuck in Concord for over and hour -- virtually trapped between exits - in what I now know to be the tanker jack-knife. Seems they closed BOTH North & Southbound as a result.

One observation was that because there were evidently SO many incidents -- the State Police (and local's) must have been stretched to the MAX as not a SINGLE incident that we passed on 93 had a State Cruiser respond (until the Concord incident) only Samaritans.

What amazes me most is the number of IDIOTS that still do not understand that no matter how good your vehicle, no matter how talented a driver you may think you are --- ICE doesn't give a $hoot !! I cannot tell you the number of times yesterday when just passing a skid out - you look in the side view to see some wacko flying up from behind in the (now clearly iced) passing lane.

safely home,
Phantom

Umm not for nothing but you were out in it too!!
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dpg For This Useful Post: