Thread: Lavinias
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 02:04 PM   #20
jeffk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJane View Post
Now I am hearing that staffing at this time of year is pretty common. That's too bad, and perhaps that explains it all. Actually when I was talking with my server at Lago she said that she travels an hour to her job. No, I was not at all rude. That's not my style. It's just that there were a lot of empty tables. And when I was told that one room was not being served, yet there were people in there eating, and the other room had tables that were reserved but I might be able to be seated in 45 minutes, it didn't make much sense. "I'm sorry but we're a little understaffed tonight" would have gone a long way. The bottom line is that I left there feeling like they didn't especially want me there. That being said, I did dine at Lavinia's one other time and had a very nice meal and great service. It just wasn't a good experience this time around.
I hope I didn't give the impression I thought YOU were rude. I do not think so. I HAVE seen several instances in the past year of diners confronted with the same situation, for the same reason, who were extremely rude. Such people had NO interest in a complex explanation. The whole point of my reply was to point out an underlying problem in the area (lack of help) and to explain why seeing a bunch of empty tables does NOT mean that service should be readily available. It probably would be helpful to magically shrink the size of the room and number of table to match the available service personnel available for the night. People would walk in, see the place completely packed, and recognize they have to wait or go somewhere else.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote