View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 12:46 PM   #117
another 1

I like all boats,I don't care what you ride in as long you get out and enjoy the water.Unfortunately I chose a performance boat that has now been one of the targets of the lake.Yes,I can have a ball with a quiet boat,however,not when it's the type of boat that's been targeted for an hour or so of testing.That's not my idea of an afternoon of boating.As I said,it's like boating on eggshells.I also have a performance engine that should be run with the pipes open after a certain rpm.I never dared to run above that rpm in fear that I'd be the next in line for the ticket.Whether it passes or not,it puts a damper on the day.My boat spent too much time at the dock because I wasn't taking any chances.I purchased my boat 8 years ago,before the laws were a problem.Had it been a problem then I wouldn't have bought it.I purchased my home 9 years ago,there were only 10 houses on my road,now there are 100.Had I known this 9 years ago I wouldn't have bought it.Sound familiar.Times change,we need to adjust to the changes.Your making the problem way bigger than it is.By targeting us,perfomance boaters will target you,maybe a few extra rpms as they pass by.You haven't made any friends by doing this.