View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 03:40 AM   #21
ApS

Arrow Seeing a Downward-Spiral Here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
Re; Paugas Bay - Same here, we just traded a super clean 23' Caravelle Interceptor with like 60 hours on a Formula and Paugas Bay and Rick were possibly the best buying experience I have ever had with boats.

We loved the Caravelle, it was a flawless performer, but we wanted a bigger boat and a bowrider this time and after climbing into the Formula 270 just once we knew it was the boat for us.

For the price the Caravelle was a really good boat and well made (again for its price range) but the Formula is in a whole different class and it is instantly clear what you are getting for you money. Its not just a pretty boat for more money, they added so much more detail and features compared to less expensive boats.

I now understand why there are so many Formulas on Winnipesaukee, but I will continue to sing the praises of our Caravelle. Unfortunately I'm not sure Caravelle is still in business, like so many other brands that have folded recently, I fear they may be gone,,,

Also be aware that boats in the 20 - 22' range are good on calm days on Winnipesaukee, and can be real easy to handle at the docks, but on a windy day or busy Saturday, you may wish you had a bigger boat. I see a lot more of 27 - 29' boats out there these days. They really take the rough water so much better than most of the 20 - 22' boats. Good luck shopping
downward-spiral. Noun.

A series of thoughts or actions which feeds back into itself, causing a situation to become progressively worse. It is worse than a vicious circle, which is self-sustaining in its current state.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote