View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 10:42 AM   #45
4Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
This all seems way to confusing to me. I have a boating cert have had one for years now. I'm not much of a boater anymore and don't know the lake real good or how to navigate the colors which is why I wouldn't "venture out." Just seems they could make it a whole lot easier than it currently is. For instance maybe circle danger areas that you need to stay away from or set up marker with arrows or something directing you where to go. Well I suppose the arrows would move with the shifting water and currents. I dunno just seems way to confusing and intimidating for what supposed to be a pleasurable day on the water.
I have been boating on the lake for 20 years and have visited virtually every cove without fully understanding the Spar system. The Bizer map makes it reasonably simple. You just need to follow the suggested route lines on the chart. The only trick is to realize where you are on the chart at all times and look ahead for the next marker..
A couple seasons of this and you will have most areas memorized and a quick glance at the chart will remind you exactly where to go. Using the colors and compass to determine every buoy is a ton of extra work. Bizer has already done the work for you.
4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Fun For This Useful Post: