View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 01:15 PM   #96
tntm_71we

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
I must say Tom, you've certainly made the case for you being a desirable neighbor. You've brought up points that show you're not only thinking about adverse consequences, but that you care about adjoining impacts.

I don;t think it's a stretch to say that the LWSA could be considered an asset to all if everyone joins in to properly fund it, and access is available and even complementary.

Is there any plausible way that boat launching and other services could be made available to the campers? This could be yet another source of revenue, not to mention sailing lessons and the like.

Just thinking out loud here. You've presented a good case.
Hello VtSteve,

It's pretty simple -- treat your neighbors the way you'd like them to treat you! We will need a lot of help to get this complex built and that help will need to flow from a lot of people who don't sail, at least not yet.

With the permission of the State of New Hampshire's Parks & Recreation Division and with the involvement of the Marine Division of the Department of Public Safety, we fully intend to make boat launching available to the campers and to others who currently have the right to access the launching ramp at Ellacoya that the LWSA will be improving as part of its construction program.

All of our programs for children and adults will be open to public participation and we hope to make the phrase "Ready About" part of the vocabulary for hundreds of Granite Staters and visitors to the Lakes Region.

By the way, I neglected to tell FatLazyLess in my last response to his post about donations that when a donation is made of $25 or more after June 30th, the donor also gets a Membership in the LWSA for the balance of the current year and for all of the coming year as well.

Thanks for thinking out loud -- it's music to my ears!!!

Regards,

Tom Mullen, President
Lake Winnipesaukee Sailing Association, Inc.
tntm_71we is offline   Reply With Quote