View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 09:08 AM   #52
classic22

Default Lwsa

If you were there, as I was , you would have seen that both the iron man and the sailing center could coexist at the same time, as the tent was hosting a rather large gathering with a band. If your looking for peace and quiet at ellacoya with sunsets and loons, Im surprised that you would be a supporter of the ironman, with the thousands invading the park with cars, noise, traffic, boats, people etc...just the same things you cite as reasons not to have the sailing center. You cant have it both ways. The sailing center if done correctly would be a great addition to the park. Get involved in a positive way and make it work for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakegirl View Post
The event (I was there) was under a tent. Building a function facility would certainly have an impact on the Timberman. They held a function under a tent the same day as the Timberman. Building a function facility and hosting a function under a tent are 2 different things. As far as the proposed boat launch area and all the sailboats.... I don't know how the swimmers would work around that.

Again... A function Hall? Weddings? Sorry.... this in not acceptable.

As previously stated.... Mr. Mullen went to the neighbors with a plan.... that plan was very very different from what is being proposed. He misrepresented what his intentions were....losing trust in many many people.
classic22 is offline   Reply With Quote