View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 10:21 AM   #42
ApS

Question Too Big?

Mr. Mullen,

Do a search on this forum using the word "sailing": You'll shortly discover there is no greater cheerleader for sailing on this Lake Winnipesaukee forum than me!

How does one otherwise describe the closeness to Winnipesaukee's Great Spiritthan in recreational sailing on this great lake?

Sailing, by itself, requires so little: it is quiet, eco-friendly and brings no harmful effects, pollution or any declining resources to this area. New Hampshire's great gift of natural wildlife is far easier to see while sailing—than even by paddling!

A small sailboat is even easy to build! (And not particularly-expensive to purchase). Kids' college grants can be obtained through sailing programs!

There are sunny days when attempting to set sail is unwarranted—and hazardous—even to the experienced skipper. Let's not force this issue on young sailors while stressing to them that on some days you just can't go out there.

A couple of days ago, to aid FLL's request for more data—I did an intensive Google search among the print-media on this subject: Nothing timely whatsoever appeared!

I'd like to see local residents placated by reassuring them of no eye-sores—no local use of air horns—and no loud music or bands: scale-back everything, and there will be more for those whose actual need for sailing beckons!

Any suggested reductions in natural beauty, and any term new to the Lake can raise suspicions: For example, try-better in the explanation of what your engineer is calling "a wave barrier".
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote