View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #36
lakegirl

Wink Sail Away....

1. How many other state beaches are there on Lake Winnipesaukee that are similar to Ellacoya?

2. Why does a sailing club need to take over part of a State Beach? I'm sorry but there are other spots more suitable for this. There are residents very close to the proposed building. If you had a house and suddenly a function facility goes in....and bands start playing every weekend you would fight this as hard as you could.

3. Mr. Mullen went to a meeting and told a story (there are minutes from this meeting) about what this facility would be. Then... his story changed. My guess is he tried to get the support of the locals by flat out lying. That is wrong. That shows me the kind of individual we are dealing with.

4. This sailing program might be a wonderful thing.... but to construct this on state land ... I'm sorry I like several hundred residents... I don't like it.

Not that any of you will get this or even care... but I was at Ellacoya a few weeks ago in the early morning. Sitting there... watching the sunrise and the loons swim around. It was breathtaking. As residents we would be crazy to want to support losing that view and have a bunch of boats and sailboats replace the untouched beauty that is there.

We have formed a group of several hundred residents... we will fight this as hard as possible. That is our right.

Mr. Mullen.... you had your chance to speak. Now we will have ours.