View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 10:33 PM   #26
Mee-n-Mac

Default Channel to WAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee
M-n-M -- Interesting you mention West Alton sand bar. We keep our boat at West Alton Marina, and while it can be very crowded on the Sand bar, east or south side of channel, and can be just as crowded on the other side, the one thing I have not seen in the two years we have had our boat at WAM are rafters blocking the channel. Are a few loud???? are a few inconsiderate by nearly running over your anchor line to get to "their" spot???? Do I enjoy being in the middle of all that???? That's a yes, yes, and a no. So, like you, I go elsewhere (the beauty of a four step ladder - swim up, climb in, life is good) and it doesn't have to be shallow.
I should have been more specific when I said "clogging" I guess. To be fair I don't recall a time where I've seen a boat in the channel but I have seen them, on a couple of occasions, right next to the channel markers with anchor lines trailing into the channel. I wouldn't have pushed the limit quite so far myself.