View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 06:47 PM   #6
This'nThat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Not a great fan of Thurston's. Capt Bonehead rents his boats from there. Many have complained to the staff about it. They are still doing it!
Now that's what I call painting everyone with the same broad brush! People can rent boats for 1/2 day, 1 day, or multiple days. They also rent slips when they are available. And Thurston's follows the law when renting to customers (licenses, safety, equipment, maps, instructions, inspections before each rental). I doubt that anyone goes to the counter and says "I'm Capt Bonehead, and I'm going to break all the rules, but give me a boat anyway" -- and if they did say that, I doubt Thurston's would rent to them.

Full disclosure -- I have never had a business deal with Thurston's, although I have been known -- in the past -- to rent boats and slips from others around the lake. Spending my money. Having a good time. And not intentionally disrupting the life of the permament residents, or causing anyone any heartburn as a result of my temporary status as a vacationer.