Thread: Sandbars
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 04:47 AM   #66
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
And one more reason why no one should be peeing in the lake.
Urine contains trace amount of pharmaceuticals including estrogen from birth control pills that can disrupt the normal reproductive cycle in male fish.

I hope this is food for thought, especially all those people who are concerned about fertilizer runoff and pesticides going into the lake.

I am pretty new to the Winnepesaukee Forum. Do we have a science teacher on here?
If we read the same article, you forgot to mention that it said "in theory", not a fact. I would consider that to be a pretty big deletion on your part, maybe even consider it to be "fake news"... However, for the sake of argument, "if" it is true, then what is the "ratio" of urine to a body of fresh water that is harmful to the fish??? I think that information would be helpful. Why is it not available...??? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for preserving the environment, but I don't think peeing in a lake is a big deal, and I will more than likely continue to do so. Maybe there should be a fishing tournament limited to Braun Bay, and see how that goes compared to the rest of the lake. Is there any fisherman on here that can vouch for the fishing in Braun Bay?

Last edited by Cal Coon; 10-24-2019 at 08:38 PM.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote