View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #92
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
BR, many of your comments are on the mark especially those about the noise. Why weren't the GFBL clowns smart enough to realize that the noise part was far more of a problem than the speed. There are still too many boats not going that fast but are making an incredible amount of noise.

Like you say, there are still the same old safety problems which have not been corrected with the passing of the SL.
The state has a set limit for noise and it is their job to police it. If someone is running too loud they should be ticketed and made to comply. If MP is not keeping up on it, or ignoring it, there lies the problem.

When I got my Sonic last year and went for my first ride I was one of those offenders. I immediately pulled it out and took it in for mufflers so that I complied. I was not stopped on my first ride, nor after modifying it to comply.

The morons are out in full force. My wife has a nasty habit of "saluting" other boaters that are within 50' of us on plane. Her hand was rather tired a week ago after going in and out of Paugus bay...One idiot in a Chris Craft blew by at 50', smiling and waving. Boy did he get a surprise when she "waved" back. He had no idea what he had done wrong!

I will say, as much as I hate to point out one type of boater, or brand of boat, but I am seeing an abundance of Formula owners that are obnoxious this year. Not the performance boats either, mainly sports and cruisers.