View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #84
ApS

Default It's The Economy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfun View Post
My data comes from being on the lake every week, when you see exactly what's going on and not some fake bs presented at a meeting from sl supporters. Thurston marine lost their boat manufacturer along with channel not having a couple of thiers, silver sands gave up fountain and lakeport lost formula. These were all big ticket boats and brought in alot of money, with out profit these places find it hard to stay in business ( now they have to sell way more boats to stay open).Every resteraunt i go in now has no waite and i can get a room in any hotel. This is great for me but eventually it will kill small businesses. All the sl supporters only thought of themselves and not the big picture. Every dollar counts and negative posts keeping people away only hurt more. I'm a performance boat owner and treat everyone with respect and stay far away from others on the water. I see renters speeding through no wake zones and breaking the 150 rule all the time along with bumping off everyone elses boat while trying to dock ( things need to change for renters)
Oops...this got "moved" this morning—while I was looking for a picture...now my reply goes into the "dust-bin".

Your data is called "anecdotal"—not that it should be dismissed—here's more "anecdotal" evidence:

From my boating on the lake every day, the lake has many moods. The picture below was taken on The Broads last week—at the height of Winnipesaukee's boating season. The 150-foot rule is meaningless out here. The Broads is virtually empty every week-day morning—all season long. It's been this way for years—perhaps decades.

Turn off the late-night shows—get up early, catch a new day dawning—and the Big Lake presents a whole-new vista.

Attached Images